Recognize the characteristics of your apple body type.
- You may have full breasts and a wide back.
- Your arms could be slim, while your shoulders could be wide.
- You could have slim hips and a trim backside.
- You gain weight at the midsection.
Your upper body is larger than your lower half.
Pick out the perfect tee.
- Try out a floaty tee such as a tunic style top. It will skim around the waist.
- Try an empire waist shirt that begins under the bust to draw attention away from the stomach.
- Wear shirts that reach lower than your waist to reduce the chance of "muffin top"escaping from where your shirt meets your trousers. If you like your hips to look a little more in balance with your bust, try a shirt that meets the largest point of the hips.
- Choose a shirt with a slightly lower neckline to keep the eyes moving upwards. Pair that with a statement necklace for maximum effect.
Try light layers to move the eye over trouble spots.
- Wear a waistcoat over a sleeveless tank to draw attention to your arms and camouflaging your tummy.
- Choose a layered chiffon blouse over a lightweight tank top. With a well-fitting lightweight top, you can skim over the midsection with ease.
Choose trousers that create a balanced silhouette.
- Look for wide-legged trousers that will create a more even look between your upper and lower halves.
- Try wide-legged capris to flaunt your slim ankles.
- Never wear skinny trousers, unless you wear a longer tunic over it with a slimming effect.
Find a skirt that will minimize your midsection.
- Choose a skirt with a full silhouette. Your slightly top-heavy appearance can be reduced significantly, and when paired with a slim-fitting tunic, you'll look positively slim.
- Skirts with a higher waistline, such as one that reaches the natural waist, will disguise a larger stomach and hide any strain or tightness across the midsection.
- Don't wear slim miniskirts with your body type. You will seem far more top-heavy than you really are.
Grab the right shoes to complete the look.
- Find a pair of shoes that continue the long lines of your legs. You may want to try a strappy sandal with brief straps and a sexy heel.
- Wear kitten heels for comfort if you have smaller calves. These heels are easier on your feet, so you can wear them all day without trouble.
- Embrace chunkier style shoes like wedges. Wearing a slightly heavier shoe can help to anchor and balance your top half.
Get to know your apple shape with the Apple Body Type Guide.